Organizations interested in applying must have tax exempt status or a fiscal sponsor that is tax exempt under 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). Applicants must submit three (3) copies of their application, 501C3 tax letter, budget and any other supporting materials for their proposal. If the IRS tax-exempt letter from the organization(or fiscal agent) and/or any other part of the checklist is not included, the proposal will be considered as INCOMPLETE and cannot be forwarded to the reviewers. Open Meadows only accepts one proposal from an organization at a cycle. If the request is for more than one project, neither project will be considered.
There is no special application form. Please follow the checklist for your application.
Here is the checklist for your grant application.
- The Cover Sheet - click here for the cover sheet
- A project narrative not to exceed three pages which includes specific information about the project and the community in which it will take place as well as organization information. Be specific and detailed about the project.
- An itemized budget for the project including income and expenses
- A budget for the organization including income and expenses. Please include 1 or 2 previous years' budget if available. If you need help, NonProfitWorks has sample budgets and guides to budget preparation
and a sample budget can be found at Non-Profit Guides
- For US proposals, a copy of either your organization's tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status or a copy of the fiscal agent's tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status. For international proposals, a copy of the organization's registration.
- A list of staff (full and part-time), including race, ethnicity and gender
- A list of the current board of directors, including race, ethnicity and gender
- All arts projects must be accompanied by appropriate support material, i.e. a CD/DVD, video, script. etc.
- Supplemental materials or samples may be included to support of your program.
Review the "What we do not fund" list to make sure that your proposal fits the guidelines of Open Meadows Foundation.
Please include a stamped self-addressed envelop, if you wish to know that your proposal was received. (US proposals only)
For proposals from the US, please use United States Postal Service and do not require signature or certification.
Preference is given to first time applicants.
We highly recommend that proposals are sent in advance to:
Open Meadows Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 1363
Bronx, NY 10475
Proposals postmarked February 15, 2013
or received after February 15, 2013 will NOT be considered
for this cycle and will be held for the next cycle.
We do not accept proposals via email, fax, fed-ex, or DHL.